Thursday, April 14, 2011


Healthy new beginnings!

What is your goal?  Is it to be physically fit, or perhaps taking better care of your skin…a better job, happier relationships, doing something that you love, whatever it is what are you going to do to make that happen?

I have a few goals myself, but personally I am focusing on a couple right now.  One is losing weight and the other is my hobby.  I will document my progress and share it with you in hopes that you can find inspiration. 

There are a few things that you should have in place in order to be successful in your approach

1.     Which goal are you willing to take on at the moment
2.     Schedule.  Knowing when you have time is crucial in order to be consistent and progress
3.     Find affordable resources to help you
4.      Finally, support from friends and family.  Identify whom you can go to for help when the time comes, whether it is babysitting, money, or for encouragement.

I have always wanted to learn how to dance salsa.  I find this dance very passionate and sexy…and who doesn’t want to feel like that every now and then ;) I decided to finally put some time into it.  I found a place close to me that was reasonably priced.  The schedule was perfect, one day a week (for now) since I have so much going on.  My husband agreed to pick up the kids and take care of them on that day, and in order to keep me motivated I have 4 friends that have joined me as well.

I thought that this would be fun for me and healthy, both mentally and physically.  I hate going to the gym, so this is a great way to exercise.

I had my first lesson last Monday and I have to say I had so much fun and was able to sweat some calories.  I will post some videos and information in the future and let you know my progress.

My second goal was to dedicate time to my blog and work on my artistry as a makeup artist.  Right now I have my business cards and am advertising.  Most importantly, I love this hobby and I have so much fun doing it, even if it’s just for me. 

I am a full time worker, a wife, and a mom of three with a limited amount of time to do everything that I need and want to do.  I was a TV junkie and now I have scheduled time to watch TV on Sundays.  I needed to prioritize and television was a comfort that was taking up too much of my time. 

It’s a good thing to take some time out for yourself.  It is even better if you support your partner as well to maintain a balance in the relationship and keep the positive energy moving in your environment.  

No comments:

Post a Comment