Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Almond oil and the babies

"It's the tiniest thing I ever decided to put my whole life into"
--Terri Gullemets



My daughter has very soft curls that can easily frizz and tangle.  Lately I have been using Almond oil before managing her hair. I have been using Marico’s Almond Gold oil and although its not completely natural I absolutely love it for her and also my son.  It helps me detangle her hair nicely with little breakage, adds shine and maintains a polished look with no flyaway hairs when styling. It has a wonderful scent and its light enough to leave her hair still bouncy and with definition.

Almond oil is composed of fats and fatty acids that are valuable for almost all types of hair as it proves to be very nourishing, and softens and strengthens the hair. It also proves to be a very good cleansing agent. If applied a few hours before you go for a bath, the sticky fats on the oil absorb and gather the particles and the particulates of dust and pollution that have entered your hair. Eventually, when you wash your hair, the whole mixture of oil and dirt gets washed off effectively cleansing your hair and your scalp.


Almond oil can be essentially used as an emollient, which manages to soothe your hair and skin. As an emollient, almond oil also tends to have a very stable and neutral state once applied.




My daughters hair routine
  1. Prepoo-  I massage coconut oil on her hair and put it in a soft bun for about one hour while she plays around the house
  2. Shampoo-  I shampoo her hair with Dove. (I only shampoo her hair twice a week)
  3. Conditioner- I use Hello Hydration by Herbal Essence (the best) and detangle her hair starting from the ends with a wide comb
  4. Style- I apply almond oil and brush her hair softly and style as desired
Almond Oil's Benefits


Excellent emollient - soothes and softens the skin and hair
Relieves skin irritation, rashes and burns
Treats dry skin by balancing the skin's moisture level
Ideal consistency for use in massage
Soft aroma.

Precautions

People with nut allergies should avoid Almond oil.
Bitter almond oil is toxic unlike sweet and pure almond oil
Store in a dark cool environment and refrigerate after opening, almond oil can go bad

No comments:

Post a Comment