Thursday, May 5, 2011

Hair: Hot Honey and Oil Treatment



I have seen this recipe a couple of times and decided to give it a try last night.  I did a treatment of hot honey and oil.  Surprisingly as a result, my hair was much softer and shinier. 

I use honey for facials and body scrubs because it acts as a moisturizer/humectant…the same thing goes for hair.  It hydrates and binds hair making it stronger and allowing less breakage.

Source kisforkinky

This treatment is great as a deep conditioner or a pre-poo. 

Using the double broiler method, mix honey and oil (I used coconut oil) until the consistency is loose enough to run through your hair.  A Make sure your hair is wet before applying.  Once the mixture is warm apply to hair and cover your hair with leaving it in for about 25-35 minutes.  You can use any type of oil that you like.

You may think that it would be impossible to remove the mixture from your hair because honey can be really sticky, but it comes off rather quickly and nicely.  Give it a try and let me know what you think

No comments:

Post a Comment